Thursday 21 July 2011

games games games omg I'm drowning in them


Yes, let's talk about my current-gen game collection!

Xbox360:
(you can click on the picture to see it full size)




+ Just Cause 2, which came in a few days after I took this picture, + Fable 2, which I somehow forgot. That's...53 retail games, and since Xbox.com says I have 100 games, add 47 XBLA games. Owned it since early september 2007. I bought a PS3 a year later, but since I prefer the Xbox360 controller and Xbox Live to PSN, I still buy most multiplatform games on 360.
Not sure what else I'm supposed to say about it... there's 3 special editions in this pic (Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2 and Modern Warfare 2), but Fable 2 is also a special edition. I got Modern Warfare 2 really cheap though, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it really.

I think there's a fair amount of diversity, I don't really have one favourite genre. Most games would fall under the "action" genre I guess, but that's a pretty meaningless word in videogames. If you make subgenres though, "3rd person action" would be the dominant genre, with Bayonetta, Vanquish, Dead Space, Gears of War, Assassin's Creed, etc. I also have a fair number of racing games (Blur, Ridge Racer 6, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Sega Rally), RPGs (Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Lost Oddessey, Mass Effect), first-person shooters (MW2, Halo 3, Bioshock - although I personally consider that an action adventure game that just happens to be in first person, a bit like Metroid Prime - but that's a discussion we'll have another time), some sports games (well, just tennis really: Virtua Tennis 3 and Top Spin 3 & 4), and hell, even some strategy games!! (Halo Wars - bought for €5! - and Civilization Revolution - which is awesome by the way). Oh, and a bunch of fighting games of course (SoulCalibur IV, Street Fighter IV, Virtua Fighter 5, etc.), one of my favourite genres.

As for the games I played the most: probably Fallout 3 and Mass Effect. Replayed Mass Effect about 3 times, Fallout 3 twice. Not surprisingly, they're also 2 of my favourite games this gen. I wish the Xbox360 had a built in game timer like the Wii has, I'm sure it would show some interesting results.

PS3:



PS3 has basically been my Rock Band/Guitar Hero/DJ Hero/Singstar console from the start. I have some PS3 exclusives, but only God of War and Demon's Souls are my thing really. Some fighting games as well, mostly because I have people on my friend list that are into them. And even though football games aren't really my thing, I got World Cup so I could play online with a friend. I think we played about 3 games in total -_- Which is why I started buying most multiplayer games on Xbox360 again.
I also have some games I downloaded - the big one being WipeOut HD/Fury. I also prefer Tekken Dark Resurrection to Tekken 6.

Wii:




+ Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - weird that I forgot to include it, since it's pretty much my favourite Capcom vs. game EVER, and my second most played game on Wii (first being Zelda).
I think I own about 90% of all Mature/18+ Wii games haha. But seriously, Dead Space Ignition, Madworld and No More Heroes are awesome. Although I really prefer the first NMH to the second.
You'll also notice I don't have any Mario games - I'm probably the only Nintendo fan who doesn't care at all about Mario. But then I don't care about platformers in general, so yeah.
There's actually quite a lot of "hidden gems" on the Wii. Games like Cursed Mountain and Deadly Creatures might not be for everyone but I quite liked them. Also, EA's Grand Slam Tennis is the second best tennis game this gen (first one would be Top Spin 4).
I downloaded quite a lot from the virtual console the first couple of years - but I pretty much have everything I need now, and nothing on Wiiware turns me on.
Anyway, I freely admit that Wii has been my least played console, even though I owned it the longest (since launch!). There's still plenty of games I want for it, but somehow I always prioritise 360/PS3 releases.

Right, that's all I think.

Edit: the title would've been a lie if I didn't do this, so, on popular demand, here's me drowning in games:





Yeah. I only took about 50 pictures like that. And it gets quite hot being burried under a pile of games...

No comments:

Post a Comment